Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the world’s first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Program Configuration & Schedule Manager to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
As a Key Contributor You Will manage schedule creation and ongoing variance tracking while serving as the main point of contact for the cross-functional teams during the initial design, drawing and creation processes
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Manage schedule creation and ongoing variance tracking
- Serve as the main point of contact for the cross-functional teams during the initial design, drawing and creation processes
- Direct work flow and resource usage to mitigate design risk and maintain schedule and budget adherence to an established program plan
- Coordinate the evaluation, approval and implementation of configuration changes throughout program life cycles
- Manage regular change review meetings to track open engineering change orders
- Help enforce established design development and documentation procedures
- Modify change requests and document best practices for authoring program changes
- Lead metrics documentation to track change management health
- Proactively identify and communicate potential risks prior to and during the change management process
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure all change requirements are documented and implemented in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the change management process to ensure best practices are used
- Partner with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to:
- Create and/or update build books and work instructions
- Redline in-process work orders and launch engineering change requests as required to support production
- Facilitate the change review process in regard to cost, schedule impact and effective dates
- Ensure compliance with proprietary and export marking requirements
- Ensure the timely completion of design activities specific to aircraft and automotive systems
- Facilitate the execution of design reviews as required to resolve design or engineering issues
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other engineering management and technical players
- Support manufacturing process verification & validation planning
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) is required.
- 10+ years of general technical experience in vehicle development programs is required.
- 10+ years of progressive project and/or program management experience in the context of a vehicle development program
- 5+ years working within an aviation regulatory environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project (or open-source equivalent) and Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with SolidWorks
- Demonstrated ability to work on a fast-paced, deadline-driven Engineering design team
- A high level of initiative and proactivity
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 23 or ASTM F2245 is highly desirable.
- Experience with ANSYS Mechanical and Fluent is highly desirable.
- A general aviation background is highly desirable.
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.