Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the world’s first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Crash Safety Engineer to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Develop planning specifications for crash and impact simulations, analyze test results, and improve the performance of CAE models.
- Lead vehicle level crash tests and recommend design solutions and approaches to meet FMVSS vehicle safety requirements
- Provide CAD work in support of design activities, including directing drafting and product definition staff and application of good drawing habits and industry best-practices for GD&T.
Required Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Aerospace Engineering or related field and 5+ years technical work experience
- Demonstrated ability to oversee subcontracts
- Familiarity reviewing and interpreting LS-Dyna or MADYMO results
- Familiarity with vehicle safety regulations such as FMVSS 208
- Proven experience planning, executing, and documenting large system level tests
- Strong SOLIDWORKS skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced program with a diverse team
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience leading full vehicle crash tests
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.