Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the world’s first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Lead a team of electrical engineers, technicians, and drafters.
- Plan, estimate, and sequence work in project planning software.
- Architect embedded systems composed of multiple electronic control units communicating through CAN and other serial protocols; build and test prototypes, and gather and analyze data.
- Design automotive compliant circuits, composed of analog, digital, and microcontroller components.
- Specify and procure PCB components, connectors, sensors, and actuators.
- Write requirements documents that address product and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and implement functional safety requirements, such as ISO 26262.
- Use and endorse industry best practices, such as GMW 3172.
- Write test plans, perform or coordinate the performance of tests, and document results for HALT, corner conditions, and other such tests.
- Develop manual and automated testers used to evaluate systems.
- Qualify external manufacturers of electronic control units and manage their on-time delivery.
- Launch electronic control units and wiring harnesses into serial production.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5-7 years’ experience
- Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB layout using modern EDA tools
- Experience integrating and debugging circuits, software, sensors, and GUIs
- Experience with Electronic control unit design for manufacturing
- Experience using CAN bus, especially CANopen
- Experience using laboratories to conduct EMC testing and evaluate results
- Circuit design, including I/O protection, CAN, analog, microcontroller, mixed signal and watchdogs
- Lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, data acquisition, EMC chambers, radiators, and sniffers
- Experience with component specification, supplier interaction, and procurement
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with source control tools, e.g. SVN, Git
- Experience with ASTM F2245 product development
- Experience with automotive electrical system development
- Experience with aviation electrical system development
- Experience with state machines
- Experience with automatic code generation using MATLAB/Simulink
- Electrical prototyping skills: wire harness construction, breadboarding of circuits.
- Proficiency in the following programming languages: C/C++/Fortran
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.