Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the world’s first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Chassis Engineer to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Design, integrate, and test various ground control systems, likely including:
- Front and Rear Suspension.
- Lead design/analysis tasks for light-weight system development.
- Participate as a key player in the design-build-test process for the Transition®, including conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, requirements definition, design reviews, prototyping, and testing.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other engineers, technical personnel, and management
- Provide CAD work in support of design activities, including directing drafting and product definition staff and application of good drawing habits and industry best-practices for GD&T.
- Support and participate in testing activities – component, drive, and/or flight – as needed, including test plan creation, data analysis, and test report generation and documentation.
- Support the Certification Director with compliance and certification activities and best practices, including design, test, and analysis documentation, internal and external audits, and other activities as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience, OR
- A master’s degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering and 3+ years technical work experience
- Experience leading design activities specific to automobiles, such as brakes, steering, and/or suspension systems
- Proven experience with rapid design cycles: taking a design from concept through detailed design, build and test
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Holds a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience working on modern automotive ground control systems
- Expertise in weight-critical, high-performance design techniques for mechanical systems interface management
- Experience with FMVSS
- Ability to pass a DOT commercial driver medical examination
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.