Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the worlds first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
As a Key Contributor You Will
Direct the assembly of composite prototype vehicles and create assembly work instructions for manufacturing.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Collaborate with the Engineering department to help propel the Transition through the remaining design process and prototyping steps, using both internal and external resources, and prepare it for overseas manufacturing.
- Create composite- and metallic-part assembly work instructions suitable for low-volume, serial production.
- Using those instructions along with jigs and fixtures designed in-house, direct the assembly of composite parts into sub-assemblies and direct the installation of those sub-assemblies into prototype vehicles.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to identify prototyping and manufacturing risks and issues and determine mitigation plans.
Required Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or similar discipline with 2+ years of experience in a prototyping and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures and assembly instructions
- Excellent technical writing skills
- A hands-on problem solver with mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to travel occasionally outside the U.S.
- Holds a valid U.S. drivers license.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in composite manufacturing
- Experience in a low-volume manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience with tools (hand and power), machinery, and measurement instruments in a woodworking or metal shop.
- Interest in potential extended travel to Asia to help establish our new manufacturing facility.
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.